What We Do
ACCESS BladeRunners is a provincial employment-based program provided through NYSA and funded by the Government of British Columbia. The program gives young people the tools, certificates, confidence and opportunity to reach their fullest working potential.
BladeRunners has been designed for youth aged 16 to 30 who have encountered barriers or challenges in finding and/or keeping employment. NYSA staff work alongside participants to encourage, empower and support them through this four-week, paid program.
Historically, BladeRunners trained in two main employment fields – Construction and Customer Service. New programs are being tested including Culinary Arts and ??. Based on which program is running, participants are able to receive various certifications such as Occupational First Aid Level 1, Serving It Right, WHIMIS, FOODSAFE, Ladder Safety, Asbestos and Abatement and/or Fall Protection.
- Four-week Provincial employment-based paid program;
- Program aims to give youth the tools, certificates, confidence and opportunity to reach their fullest career potential;
- As a participant in the program, individuals become eligible for financial assistance for transportation, work gear and other equipment required for work.
Youths entering BladeRunners this year
Youths completed BladeRunners this year
BladeRunner Graduates Currently Employed
– Eltjo Schaeffer
- Develop new and unique training programs that strongly match the needs of our clients and employment trends;
- Have a higher percentage of youth become employed after completing the BladeRunner program;
- Expand on the delivery of our program and build at least three strong community partnerships with local organizations;
- Increase the interest in the BladeRunners program within the Nanaimo and Comox communities;
- Become more engaged in community activities to help get the program “out there.”