Employment Keep It! Program
What We Do
Employment Keep It! is a federally-funded program offered to connect motivated, job-ready youth with valuable employment opportunities and training in a variety of sectors.It also allows NYSA to build community partnerships that enhance its services to potential employers. The program is designed for youths aged 16 to 30 who are unemployed, not attending school and who are in need of assistance to overcome employment barriers. In the program, individuals will participate in four weeks of paid in-class training, followed by 60 hours of paid work experience. Employers who provide work to Keep It! youth also are eligible for wage subsidies.
Employment Keep It! Highlights
- Four-week federally-funded program;
- Connects job-ready youth with employment training and opportunities;
- Designed for youths aged 16 to 30 who are unemployed, not attending school and who are in need of assistance to overcome employment barriers;
- Four weeks of paid in-class training, followed by 60 hours of paid work experience.
youths participated in Employment Keep It!
youths employed after graduating
open spots in upcoming Keep It! programs
- Redesign program to target a new demographics and increase success;
- Review trainer costs and improve personal supports available;
- Revamp the curriculum to include transformative learning;
- Bring in new learners to help achieve higher metrics.