Employment - Keep It!
What is it
Employment Keep It is a Youth Skills Link program that builds community partnerships and connects motivated, job ready youth with valuable employment opportunities in the construction and trades and related industries
- Youth between the ages of 16-30 and not attending school
- In need of assistance to overcome employment barriers
- Must be a Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) or be EI reach back active (not have collected EI in the last 5 years)
- Searching for full time employment
- Receive 60 hours of no cost Work Experience paid for by NYSA.
- Receive a $3.00/hr wage contribution based on a minimum $11.35/hr wage.
- Connect with job ready and motivated youth.
- Participate in four weeks of paid in-class Skill Enhancement
- Participate in up to 60 hours of paid Work Experience
- Be eligible to employers with a $3/hour wage subsidy for 4 months
- Obtain First Aid OFA Level 1, WHMIS, Forklift Operator, Traffic Control Person, Ladder Safety, Fall Protection and additional employment based training