Youth Resource Centre
What We Do
Nanaimo Youth Services Association has been sub-contracted by GT Hiring Solutions to deliver Employment Programs of BC to youth living in the Nanaimo region. NYSA’s Resource Centre provides service to youth between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age who are unemployed and out-of-school. The Centre’s purpose is to assist those who qualify to become employable, job-ready, career-oriented and motivated.
In the Resource Centre, there are Advisors to assist and support youth with job searches and related challenges, as well as offering programming referrals. Educational and career-guided workshops are also provided covering topics such as workplace skills, interview skills, self-care, nutrition, money management, anger management, creating and updating resumes, cover letter creation and dressing for success. There are also two onsite Case Managers to offer employment counselling, return-to-work action planning and employment readiness assessments. In addition to this, Nanaimo Youth Services has a Job Developer who assists youth in specific career exploration, inclusive development and one-to-one job coaching.
Resource Centre Highlights
- The Resource Centre is a service offered to youth between the ages of 15 and 30 years old who are seeking employment
- The goal of the centre is to assist youth in becoming employable, job ready, career-oriented and motivated
- Onsite case managers are here to assist youth with employment counselling, work action planning, transportation and work gear assistance and employment assessments.
new clients in the past year
visited the Resource Centre this year
workshops given this year
- Increase case management numbers to provide more job supports and training;
- Provide clients with interesting, useful workshops on a variety of topics;
- Assist as many youth as possible in finding employment sustainability;
- Have up-to-date employment resources available.